The purpose of this document is to detail out the process of factory resetting and provisioning a Polycom device. When transitioning a company to our phone system, the phone will need to be factory reset before being provisioned to our server.
Factory Resetting Polycom Device
- Turn off phone
- Power phone back up and wait for the Welcome screen.
- As soon as Welcome displays, press and hold down * If you see "loading application" and no countdown on your screen, select "cancel"and you'll be able to see the countdown.
- SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330. 331, 335, 430, and 450, SoundStation IP 5000 and 7000 and Soundstation Duo: press and hold the 1, 3, 5, and 7 keys
- For SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 550, 600, 601, and 650 and VVX 1500: press and hold the 4, 6, 8, * keys
- For SoundStation IP 6000: 6, 8 and * dial pad keys
- For VVX 300, 310, 400, 410, 500, and 600: press and hold the dial pad keys 1, 3, 5 keys
- Only release the combination once the phone prompts you for the password
- Password should be the MAC address of the device
The phone will reboot after the password
- Locate the IP address of the phone by doing the following:
- Press Menu > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters, the IP address will be prefixed with IP:
- Navigate to the IP address using your preferred web browser.
- Default password should be 456. (If previously provisioned by LOOP, password = 222222)
- Once logged in, mouse over Settings and click Provisioning Server
- Select HTTP for Server Type
- Input server IP address for Server Address (Example: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:84)
- Click SAVE
The phone will automatically reboot